Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hoy! .... Any New Blogs?

Just to let you all know where the hell I've been:

First, I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, with my husband and two dogs. Our business is on the Kona side, sunny and touristy. Our house is on the Hilo side, rainy and.... provincial.
1
We have, at this time, three (3!) vehicles. A Chevy Tahoe in reasonable condition, a Jeep Wrangler under the curse of an evil, evil (or maybe really just horribly incompetent) mechanic, and a GMC Jimmy held hostage by the Hawaiian DMV. In other words, we can only drive the Tahoe.

So, we don't just drive back and forth as we please. We have to make major plans that involve both of us going everywhere together. Last week, we were in Kona, taking care of business so no computer time. Then Scott's 85 year old mother went to the hospital with sepsis. He then went to see her for what might be the last time, and took the computer with the internet connection with him... to California.

So now, I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Pahoa, the Hawaiian wild, wild, west. The folks here are tattooed and dreadlocked. The hemp plant is the official flower. These are the inheritors of the hippie generation. Some of them appear to be original hippies. Seated next to me are a table of travelers with backpacks, from Europe, on their way to Tibet, discussing "society" as if it were a horrible boarding they had just escaped. I am feeling way too normal and suburban in my yoga pants and hoodie. Next time I come... I shall not bathe... or brush my hair... or shave. I'll wear long flowing skirts and a tank with no bra. I'll wear all my beads, bracelets, bangles, and earrings. I'll have to get a tattoo and some piercings.

Ah forget it.... I'll just look like some 50 year old time traveler. Besides, I'll never be able to decide on a tattoo.

Will be back on schedule and blogging again by weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment